Access VBA - MS Access programming knowledge and productivity
To see Code VBA add-in in action when coding in Access visit Send an email to multiple recipients using MS Access and Outlook.
Code VBA tools on Access VBA:
- Insert complete blocks of code intelligently linking to the code already present, automatically adding well named variables and explicit arguments
- Tooltips show the description of the procedure and the code that will be inserted when clicked.
- Support for programmatic database access using ACE, DAO, ADO and the Recordset Builder.
- Insert block of code for getting or setting the values of fields (Name » Table » [tablename] » Get/Set field values)
- Insert SQL string with fields for SQL Add and Update (Name » Table » [tablename] » Comma separated fields string)
- Tools such as the SQL VBA builder and Generate class from table
- Get direct access to the Office documentation on the MS Access classes
- Access all features from the menu without leaving the keyboard using Alt-C followed by mnemonic keys.
Access VBA requires Code VBA to which it is and add-on. Below pages illustrate a few fragments.