Code VBA - knowledge and productivity add-ins
Code VBA lets professional software developers and MS Office users write VBA code faster:
- Context sensitive IntelliSense lets you select code from a shortcut menu. Here you may use an existing variable or constant or declare a new variable, select from existing names, obtain property values or call a VBA function that will return a value of the required type. In case of Set(ting) an object variable, it presents all possible sources for you to select from. When you need to specify a condition, it lets you use select using from the above those that return a boolean value and the Condition Builder.
- Starting from an Object, cascading menus move you down the application's object model to apply the required actions: set properties, start methods, loop collections, and so on.
- Tooltips explain what classes and procedures do and give direct access (F1) to the relevant documentation on Office MSDN online. In case of properties of available objects, the actual value is also displayed.
- Learn what procedures do by trying them out in the Immediate window before including them in your macro.
- The Application menu gives a shortcut to the most used tools for Excel, Access, etc.
- Many Builders are included: Class Builder, UserForm builder Procedure Builder, Loop Builder, If/Select Builder, Condition Builder, String Builder, MsgBox Builder, InputBox Builder, SelectionBox Builder, Datepicker Builder, Variable/Constant Builder, Enum Builder. Specifically for MS Access: Recordset BuilderS (DAO and ADO), Create Class for Table and SQL VBA Builder.
- Use the Code Explorer as a replacement for the Project Explorer: easy navigation to procedures, comment out code, Tidy indentation, add Error Handling, export a module to the code fragments library.
- Extend the Code VBA library with your own code fragments and resources found online.
- The Procedure Call Builders provide the meaning for each of the procedure's arguments. For each argument you can select from suitable enums, objects or variables.
- Use automation to have Office applications work together, e.g. customized emails (Outlook) from Access database. References are set automatically, both early and late binding are supported.
- New features are added regularly. Latest added was the HTML writer.
Code VBA works with Works with MS Access, Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Publisher, MS Project, Visio and AutoCad. Office 2010 - 2019 & 365, both 32 and 64 bit versions; Windows 7 and Windows 10.