Access VBA - MS Access programming knowledge and productivity
Code VBA gives you the core of the VBA. When working with MS Access you will likely want to add features specifically to support Access VBA.
- Insert complete blocks of code intelligently linking to the code already present, automatically adding well named variables and explicit arguments
- Tooltips show the description of the procedure and the code that will be inserted when clicked.
- Support for programmatic database access using ACE, DAO and ADO.
- Insert block of code for getting or setting the values of fields (Name » Table » [tablename] » Get/Set field values)
- Insert SQL string with fields for SQL Add and Update (Name » Table » [tablename] » Comma separated fields string)
- Tools such as the SQL VBA builder and Generate class from table
- Get direct access to the Office documentation on the MS Access classes
- Access all features from the menu without leaving the keyboard using Alt-C followed by mnemonic keys.
Access VBA requires Code VBA to which it is and add-on. Below pages illustrate a few fragments.