F1 tooltip and online-help
Tooltips are an important feature in Code VBA:
- Extends the info available from the menu name.
- The descriptive line may be hyperlinked to a web page with more information.
- Show what code will be inserted.
Activating the tooltip
There are two ways to make the tooltip visible:
- Hovering a menu item - assuming you have the setting 'Show Tooltip on Mouse Hover' checked
- Give the menu item you want to have info on the focus using the keyboard's access keys and arrows, followed by pressing F1
|If you access the menu mainly using the mouse, the constant appearance of tooltips may get in the way. In that case you may be better of un-checking the preference 'Show Tooltip on Mouse Hover'.|
Opening the hyperlink online-help-help page
If the tooltip shows it is hyperlinked to an online-help resource you can open it by pressing F1 or clicking on the hyperlink.